Vijay Sankaran is Chief Information Officer at TD Ameritrade. He and his team are responsible for the business technology strategy, delivery of new technology capabilities, technology innovation and all aspects of operations for TD Ameritrade - a large online brokerage. Vijay is responsible for an organization of approximately 1500 associates across 5 sites in the U.S. Vijay leads the TD Ameritrade Ann Arbor, MI site which he has fostered from concept to a collaborative innovation center now staffed with 125 individuals.
Prior to joining TD Ameritrade, Vijay held several senior leadership roles at Ford Motor Company
- IT Chief Technology Officer leading advanced technology, technology strategy, data, analytics and architecture across the enterprise.
- Director, Application Development where he was responsible for global application development, and delivery of major programs and projects
- Director, Infrastructure Operations where his responsibilities included operational support for infrastructure and Ford's largest data centers in North America.
Prior to joining Ford, Vijay was a consultant with both Ernst & Young LLP and Headstrong where he focused heavily on analytical systems. Vijay holds a B.S. in Computer Science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and an M.B.A from Duke University's Fuqua School of Business.
- Innovation, technology strategy, and advanced technology
- Development of emerging talent
- Large complex program delivery
- Leadership of large global teams. large budget
- Significant experience in leading a multiple agile change programs
- Expert in Data and Analytics
- Deep Experience with Supplier Engagement and Sourcing (including offshore)